Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 June 2013

"You're going in the right direction"

My Hba1c has fallen from 12.3% to 11.3% and for the first time in a very long time, my average boluses every day are 5 a day. Which I'm very happy about, I could be happier about the Hba1c but it's coming down which is a start.

When my consultant told me my Hba1c I literally let out the biggest disappointed sigh, but he said "no no it's actually very good because you're heading in the right direction" I suppose he has a point! My Hba1c had been creeping up for the past few months but he is happy that I've stopped the gradual rise.

Today was actually a very positive appointment despite my Hba1c still being high. We changed some of the basal rates on my insulin pump because I realised that if I lay in bed until about 11am I will always wake up low but my sensor graph revealed that in the early hours of the morning my blood sugar shoots up; so my consultant figured that my 12am basal rate is too low and my 7am basal rate is too high.

I'm hoping that the basal rate changes will keep my blood sugars steady through out the night and stop me from waking up all sweaty and shaky in the mornings if I lay in late.

I was pretty moody about my Hba1c earlier but I'm okay now. My blood sugars have actually been really good and stayed below 10 all day. My consultant recommended that I wear the sensor for a week to see how the basal rate changes affect my blood sugar; so I am off to go and put on my CGM now and see how things go from here!

Never give up, I am not giving up on my Hba1c and by September it WILL be down.

"Anything is possible if you just put your mind to it"

And remember, if at first you don't succeed, try and try again.

-Ellie
[Peace&Insulin]

No comments:

Post a Comment