Search This Blog

Monday 20 January 2014

My needle attacked me

I didn't go to school today.

I was up all night last night correcting high blood sugar, diabetes is really stubborn at the moment and it's giving me a hard time. Feel sort of deflated at the moment. Anyway, it will get better, I've just corrected a 12 so let's hope for the best.

So I was laying down on my bed earlier whilst I primed my needle, and silly me I had it facing down towards me. Well I mean, I didn't think of it as a bad idea at the time but now that I remember, it was probably a bad idea to do that. I was talking to my sister and the next thing I knew, my pen slipped right out of my hands and landed on my torso, then proceeded to fall on the floor and the needle literally bent at a 90 degree angle.

"Ouch I just stabbed myself in the chest with my needle!"
"HAHA...what are you doing?"
"Oh I'm just checking I'm not bleeding...I am!"
"Oh tense"
"It left a prick mark, and it stabbed me through my top"

The unexpected needle pricks are the ones that hurt the most. They sting, a lot and they like to bleed, it seems like every time I get an accidental poke from one of my needles. it manages to stab a major artery that doesn't exist, but bleeds like there is no tomorrow anyway.

"Ok, I'm going to try and do it again now with out stabbing myself...well, I'm going to stab myself anyway but you know what I mean"

Easy...easy...easy...don't drop the needle!!! < That was my brain the whole time when I was setting up the injection again. I've probably never taken so much precision in lining up the needle with my skin and I've probably never held on to the pen so hard. I was not risking another ordeal.

Now the side of my torso feels a little bit sore, a place that is not meant for needles...looking back on it I'm so certain my needle wanted to attack me. So vicious.

-Ellie
[Peace&Insulin]



1 comment:

  1. Hi Ellie, If you open to hear about 100% natural supplement Dutch product which helps improve working immune system in order to be able to control, manage and balance Diabetes problems, i suggest you take a look at the following website www.biozar.in . if you need more info you are welcome to ask and i do my best to find you all answers. from what i hear so far from different Diabetes people using Biozar , they get more energy, vitality, and see sugar level goes down to close to normal people level and stay stable 24 hours 7 days a week. I hope with this message i help you get more information you can use for yourself, good luck and all the best Ami

    ReplyDelete