Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Just a quick update

I'm back!

I just saw that I haven't posted since April 13th. How horrifying. I broke my attempt at trying to do a blog every day. Anyway, here is a quick update on what's been happening in my life. So, on Sunday 14th April my auntie had a birthday party for my little cousin, Ruby. It was her 3rd birthday on Tuesday 9th April but my auntie wanted to have a bigger party for her with all Ruby's family and a few of my auntie's close friends. It was a lot of fun and the place that the party was held at was really cute too, it is a vintage-type tea room which used to be a bank and it still has the original safe in there- it is so interesting! I like vintage things so, I quite like that place. The kids played pass-the-parcel and musical chairs and their ages were from 2- about 5 or 6? I think it was 5 but I'm not too sure. It was really cute as when we played pass-the-parcel they all held it for a couple of seconds and thought it was their turn to open the parcel when it wasn't quite yet and they looked really confused when everyone was like "pass it on! pass it on!" ha ha. Oh, kids.

What else, oh. When we got back home that night I started feeling all shivery and tired and then to make matters worse, I had a low blood sugar of 2.8 mmol which in turn, me get all teary because I felt like utter rubbish. So that was slightly unfortunate for me. Then I fell asleep and a long night of blood sugar testing lay ahead. They went up to 20.2 mmol at one point, and put a high blood sugar with a temperature of 102...You do not get a very happy teenager. I woke up absolutely shattered but on the bright side I woke up at 5.1 mmol, but I still felt really bad. Funnily enough, by the evening, my temperature had gone, and was only very slightly slightly raised. I spent Monday off school and I also spent Tuesday off school because I have been so drained and felt really week all day yesterday and felt like throwing up- I didn't though thank goodness.

Then today, I also spent the day off school because last night, I was graced with two low blood sugars and I was up for about an hour each hypo - so diabetes got in the way, AGAIN. I am so so tired and I also don't have an appetite right now which means my energy levels are even lower, but I will be back to school tomorrow and tomorrow we get our maths results back! Oh MY. I am so scared. If I fail I will cry.

Yeah well my computer is about to die so I need to go.
-Ellie
[Peace&Insulin]

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ellie,
    My name is Tara. I'm also from London England and I've been a diabetic since September 7th, 2012. I'd love it if you followed my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tara,
      Wow that is awesome! Thanks for checking out my blog. I will go and follow you now:)

      Delete